Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485)
The Temporary Graduate – 485 Visa is a temporary residency visa available to students who have completed at least 2 years of studies in Australia in qualifying programs, with the possibility of extending their stay permanently, if eligible.
Processing Times: Vary (2 to 6 months, approx.)
Temporary Graduate – 485 Visa requirements
In order to submit a valid 485 Visa application, you must:
- meet the 2-year study requirement
- meet the English language requirement
- be under 50 years of age
- have adequate health insurance
The Temporary Graduate – 485 Visa offers two streams:
Graduate Work – For applicants with occupations in the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
Post-Study Work – For applicants with occupations not included in the MLTSSL
The general 485 Visa requirements are the same, regardless of the stream.
Temporary Graduate – 485 Visa advantages
- include eligible family members in your application (extra charges apply)
- live anywhere in Australia and work without restrictions
- extend your stay, plan your path from the 485 Visa to a PR (Permanent Residency)
Borderless Migration recommends taking early advice on the 485 Visa application process in order to increase your chances of obtaining permanent residence.
Contact us or visit our Sydney office. We will guide you through the 485 Visa checklist and our consultants will help you plan your way from the 485 Visa to permanent residence.