September 30, 2021

How to get an employer-sponsored visa in Australia?

The employer-sponsored visa allows skilled labour of a foreign country to explore their employment options with Australian companies. Want to know how to get an employer-sponsored visa in Australia?

The Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482), popularly known as the “TSS visa,” is a work visa that permits Australian companies to sponsor an international worker to work in their company. This work visa was announced on March 19 of the year 2019. It replaced the Temporary Work visa (subclass 457).

The employer-sponsored visa has three types:

  • The Short-term stream is intended for Australian firms to fill in the positions in their operations with foreign employees when there is a momentary shortage of sufficiently competent Australian candidates cannot be found.
  • The Medium-term stream will allow Australian companies to hire foreign employees to fill shortages in a smaller range of highly qualified and in-demand jobs where an appropriately competent Australian worker cannot be found.
  • The Labour Agreement stream is for companies to source skilled foreign staff up to date with a Commonwealth labour agreement, based on a verified need that cannot be met in the Australian labour market.

If your profession qualifies you for the short-term stream, your TSS visa will be issued for a period of about two years. If your employment qualifies you for the medium-term stream, the maximum time duration for which your TSS visa would be authorized is four years.

Employer-sponsored visa requirements

The TSS visa has the following general requirements:

  1. You have a job on the Consolidated Skilled Occupations List.
  2. You have been nominated for a job opportunity by an Active company that wants to hire you.
  3. The necessary skills for your job.
  4. Having at least two years of work experience in your field.
  5. Being proficient in English.

Documents required for an employer-sponsored visa

  • Business Names Extract (Trading Name/s) and Australian Business Number (ABN) Registration Certificate
  • Financial report for the previous fiscal year, containing a profit and loss account and a balance sheet
  • Financial statements and
  • BAS (Business Activity Statements) for the last four quarters
  • The organizational structure of the company,
  • If you are a franchisee, please submit the necessary franchise agreement papers
  • Pages of the Trust Deed that are relevant
  • Lease agreement