Creating a world without borders

Student Visa

I am moving to Australia / Iā€™m an International student and want to stay after I graduate

About the student visa

Student Visas


To apply for a Student visa you must have:

  • been accepted to study full-time at an educational institution in Australia
  • achieved a minimum IELTS score of 5.5, or 4.5 combined with appropriate ELICOS course
  • take out adequate health insurance
  • sufficient funds to cover your travel costs and 12 months of living and tuition fees for you and your accompanying family members and school costs for any school aged dependants
  • if you are under 18 years of age, you need to have welfare arrangements in place while you are in Australia.



You must be enrolled in a course of study that is registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and courses for Overseas for Overseas Students (CRICOS).

If you are applying from outside Australia, you must include a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for each intended course of study with your visa application. A letter of offer from your education provider will not be accepted.


Genuine temporary entrant

The GTE requirement applies to all student visa applicants. The officer assessing the visa will consider whether the individual circumstances of the student indicates that their intention is for a temporary stay in Australia. You must satisfy us that you have a genuine intention to stay in Australia temporarily.

Select Visa type